Monday, January 04, 2010

Something to ponder about!!

The story below that am going to share with all of you is send by my dad by email. Some might have receive it before and some might not hear or seen this before. Anyway, am going to share this with all of you because I realize is the story that worth sharing and also is true to everyone of us in this reality world. This story makes me think of certain incidents that had occurs in my life. As human beings we all do have emotions. We will get happy, upset, angry, excited and other emotions that makes us happy or sad.. Happy moments usually comes when people around u make your day filled with joy and happiness while u feel unhappy when someone say something or do something that you don't like to hear or what they do..In reality, everyone is not perfect, and there are no one that are the same like you. For example, am not perfect in some thing while another person is perfect at the things that am not perfect but is not perfect in other things. I mean everyone have their differences. And if we don't like something that the other person do, we tends to get upset and depressed but if we learn to accept that person differences or faults we will be happy and not get upset that easily. Friendships or relationships come with trust and to accept other people differences. In order to maintain the friendship or relationship we have to trust and accept who they really are. Their strengths and weaknesses. But of coz it will also take both hands to clap meaning both party have to play their role. Our happiness comes from ourselves. We are the one that make ourselves happy or depressed.Besides that, in reality, people will forget and forgive what you do that had hurt them, but it is hard for them to forget the pain that you might have cause that make them feel hurt. So before you do or say something that might make ppl hurt, thing carefully first as you might hurt that person/friend and you might even lose a good friend of yours.Thinking back, I have lost a few really good friends due to my mistakes that had make them hurt while I also had lost friends who have hurt me badly too. I bet those friends I have hurt had forget or forgive me but they will not forget what I did that had hurt them emotionally, while on the other hand, I had forget and forgive that person who had hurt me before, but I still can't forget the incident that occurs that makes be feel upset and hurt too. Therefore I agree with the statement:People will always forget what you do, they will forget what you say, but will never; ever forget the way you make them feel.

I don't know whether am making sense here but from the story below you should be able to understand it by yourself.

Am also trying to learn and apply it. =) Here is the story that am going to share with all of you. Hope you find this story useful and whether it is true. Hehe..

Burnt toast - a good lesson to learn




When I was a little boy, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then.
I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work.
On that evening, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage, and extremely burned toast in front of my dad.
I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed!
Yet, all my dad did was reach for his toast, smile at my mom, and ask me how my day was at school.
I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that toast and eat every bite!
I got up from the table, and I heard my mom apologize to my dad for burning the toast.
I'll never forget what he said. 'Baby, I love burned toast.'

Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night, and asked if he really liked his toast burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, 'Little Buddy, Momma had a hard day at work today and she's real tired.
Besides, a little burnt toast never hurt anyone! Life is full of imperfect things, and imperfect people.
Personally, I'm not the best at some things either.'
I've learned over the years that learning to accept each other's faults, and choosing to celebrate each other's differences, is one of the most important steps to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.
This could be extended to any relationship because understanding is the base on which any relationship is built, be it husband-wife, parent-child, or in friendship.
Don't put the key to your happiness in anyone else's pocket but into your own. No one else can MAKE you happy; your happiness is a choice you make.
People will always forget what you do, they will forget what you say, but will never; ever forget the way you make them feel.



Please do leave me a comment to share with me on what you guys think.. Thanks a lot.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Christine said...

Anonymous- Thanks.. =)

Unknown said...

Online survey……..online survey
http://line2.18k.tw
kindly forwards to your friend
thank you

Anonymous said...

Hi There I'd like to congratulate you for such a great made site!
I was sure this would be a perfect way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Robin Toby
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/monster-truck-party-supplies.html]monster truck Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

This is a titanic article as they all are. I bring into the world been wondering wide this as some beat now. Its vast to get this info. You are fair and balanced.

Christine said...

Robin- Thank you.. Will check it out..

Anonymous- Thanks.. I hope u like it.. =)